MONSTERS! Update

I have finished the synopsis for the Monsters! story I have been working on. The original plan for for a single issue of 22 pages, but that has changed. It will now consist of three issues of 22 pages each. The storyline evolved in a way I didn’t foresee, with some twists and turns that weren’t originally anticipated. So, the single issue story is now a mini.

Not sure if the Kickstarter campaign is the best option at the moment. My writing time is extremely limited. I have another important project I am working on with a very talented artist, and I really need to spend some time working on it. As such, I don’t think I could devote enough of my time to promoting a kickstarter campaign to the extent required.

The other option is to directly submit the completed synopsis and issue one to a company like Dark Horse. That way, if accepted (which, in reality, would be a very, very small chance) it could be properly edited, and a professional artist I wouldn’t need to pay could be found. But, from my understanding, Dark Horse would be very unlikely to take on an unheard of writer for a miniseries.

Hmm, decisions.

Advertisements

One thought on “MONSTERS! Update

  1. ryankl says:

    Hey man, fwiw, yeah, pitching a publisher as an unknown is super hard. But self-pubbing a one-shot, or shorter, is gonna be easier to get an art team assembled, and to then start slinging online, at shows, and to editors. Which is the way to move forward. Usually.

    Just some thoughts from someone who did all this in a vacuum years before :]

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s